Vanning


Vanning is a compulsion, an obsession, an occupation, an affliction, a fascination, a fate. It is not a hobby. Those who do it, must. Those who don't, think it's a waste of time. For me it is a calling.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Since the last post I have been busy with about 5 different projects. With spring finally here, I went to Florida to do the show at the speedway, just like every year. I came right home to get started on the pile of work waiting for me.
Before I left I did this street rod. Extremely nice car. The owner was a pilot,and flew the trainer aircraft in the background.

This boat tail was one of the cars I did in Florida.





Sometimes I just want to run away and join the circus!

when i got home one of the projects is the west coast early. We got the door hardware installed. Had to take out half the interior to get to the inside posts . whew!

At home Vance has been down to help with the early Dodge. We fabricated a cross member for the transmission. Cut up a crossmember from an Astro and shaped it to work under the early. Then welded it in place.



Set the motor in place so we can fit it all togeather. Next is to modify the engine mounts to fit the v-8


Finished welding it to the frame..........so far so good!




Looks damm near factory!

Did this Nova way up north of town. I think this one came out nice!







Mr.Green called me to do another wagon. This is the first pass on the letters.

Outlines and some scroll work finishes it off!


This Olds got a stripe to separate the 2 colors. I've been doing a lot of straight line stuff lately.
Stay tuned for more. I promise it wont take so long.

No comments: