Vanning


Vanning is a compulsion, an obsession, an occupation, an affliction, a fascination, a fate. It is not a hobby. Those who do it, must. Those who don't, think it's a waste of time. For me it is a calling.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

I've always liked to work with my hands. I like mechanical things. Building and making things. Even as a little kid my favorite thing was getting in my grandfathers garage and playing with his tools. (I won't tell you about the time I sawed the picnic table in half) One thing I really enjoy is woodworking. I have done a few projects around the house. There was the kitchen remodel. And my favorite, the family room, where I built 2 mission style bookcases across one whole end of the room.

They are made of oak,from plans I found in a woodworkers magazine . It took nearly 2 months of rather intense labor but the results were quite rewarding. Not surprising, the interiors of most of my vans have a lot of wood in them. I'll see if I can find some pictures of them to post. Well it's back to work. I have a can I need to finish up and a couple pieces of artwork to get done.

No comments: